WA - ROBERT PARKER
Since 1986, the planting of young vines at DOMAINE DE CHEVALIER has necessitated the blending of a second wine called L'ESPRIT DE CHEVALIER.
The Spirit is also a way of making wine.
By naming their second wine L'ESPRIT DE CHEVALIER, the Bernard family wanted it to bear the Chevalier mark and reflect the "Spirit" of the estate: power and complexity, but also finesse and elegance.
The red wine of L'ESPRIT DE CHEVALIER is aged for 14 months in oak barrels, one third of which are new.
It is a seductive wine, which can be enjoyed younger than the grand vin.
A VINTAGE AMONG THE GREATESTS :
This vintage is characterized by its aromatic intensity, excellent fruit maturity, density and freshness.
- A wet spring, with two frost attacks (April 13 and May 5) contained thanks to the means deployed. Very good vine growth.
- Flowering slighty disturbed by weather insta-bility, without preventing a good harvest volume.
- Exceptional summer wich arrives precisely on the calendar date… and which will last from June 21 to October 15. During this period, we experienced two waves of great heat (June 26-27 ; July 22-25)
- Expected precipitation which occurs at strategic times: late July and early August, heavy rains triggered veraison. The vine did not suffer from the drought.
- The excellent conditions of September: great weather and, from Sept. 20, small showers that rebalance the sugar/acid potential of the skins and give the grapes a lot of freshness. All this going hand in hand with rater cold night. This thermal amplitude is particularly beneficial for the quality of ripening.
- Domain Domaine de Chevalier
- Vineyard Graves
- Color Red
- Vintage 2019
- Classification 2e vin
5% petit verdot
- Culture Sustainable agiculture
- Alcohol degrees13.5°
Eye, bouquet, palate