WA - ROBERT PARKER
The white Domaine de Chevalier is recognized as one of the world’s finest dry wines.
THE 2016 VINTAGE: HISTORICAL AND GENEROUS
The unquestionably successful 2016 vintage is due to the conjunction of several important factors.
- A rainy period lasting from the 1st of January to the 20th of June replenished water reserves and paved the way for a large potential crop.
- Quasi-miraculous flowering guaranteed a large crop [from the 4th to the 11th of June]
- An exceptionally dry period from the 1st of July to the 13th of September was conducive to richness and power.
We were really in need of rain by early September! This finally arrived, on the 13th of that month. These 40 mm of rain did a world of good, giving a boost to ripening and refreshing the vines.
- Domain Domaine de Chevalier
- Vineyard Graves
- Color White
- Vintage 2016
- Classification Grand Cru Classé
- Culture Sustainable agriculture
- Alcohol degrees13.5°
Eye, bouquet, palate