WA - ROBERT PARKER
The red Domaine de Chevalier, the flagship of the Pessac-Léognan appellation belongs to the elite of the great classified growths of Bordeaux.
The white Domaine de Chevalier is recognized as one of the world’s finest dry wines.
A beautiful Indian Summer, for a great vintage !
From August 27, 60 days of sunny weather allowed salutary turnaround and bringing week after week full maturity of our different varieties. A great richness of fruit and at a very good level of acidity (stigma of a cool summer), ensured the highly success of 2014!
CLIMATE STAGES OF 2014 VINTAGE:
- Early Spring and excellent conditions during flowering at the beginning of June.
- Temperate Summer, stormy and wet until late August: the vine grows and maturity is delayed. These special conditions require sustained work of vignerons for the protection of the vineyard...
- Fortunately, in the last days of August, summer climate is back… until late October ! This bright sunshine accompanied by dry winds concentrates the fruit. The cool nights are excellent for good maturity and fine tannins.
The different varieties then reach optimum ripeness, including great Cabernet Sauvignon that will be harvested in beauty, the second half of October.
- Domain Domaine de Chevalier
- Vineyard Graves
- Color Red
- Vintage 2014
- Classification Grand Cru Classé
30 % merlot
5% petit verdot
- Culture Sustainable agriculture
- Alcohol degrees13.5°
Eye, bouquet, palate